- 3D central padding for maximum comfort.
- Fully removable and washable inner padding.
- Padding in the ear area to provide greater acoustic insulation. This padding is removable in order to permit the installation of an intercom system.
- The screen chosen for the Shoei RYD is the CWR-1, the same screen mounted in the NXR model. The screen curvature and its thickness afford a very high optical quality and 99% UV protection. Outstanding on this screen are the bands on the upper and lower part which confer it with optimum rigidity.
- The screen mechanism favours rapid substitution without tools and affords a perfect seal between the screen and the helmet's shell.
- The new RYD has an Anti-fog Pinlock EVO sheet as standard, affording the most advanced anti-fog protection on the market.
- The outer shell (exterior structure) is made of AIM (Advanced Integrated Matrix): organic fibre and multi-composite fibre in various layers for a shock absorbent shell with optimum rigidity.
- The inner shell (interior structure) is made of EPS with different densities which afford a high degree of impact absorption.
- With the EQRS (Emergency Quick Release System) which facilitates helmet removal from the outside in the case of an accident via the extraction of the side padding.
- Double ring closure. Easy to use and always a perfect fit.
The advanced ventilation system of the Shoei RYD is made up of 3 front ventilations and 2 rear extractors. With this system they have aimed to get the perfect balance between correct air renewal and low sonority.
- The air inlet on the chin bar channels the air towards the screen to avoid misting up and provide fresh air to the user's face.
- The upper air inlets direct the air to the EPS channelling in order to get effective ventilation of the upper region of the head.
- The 2 rear exhausts favour the exit of hot air from inside the helmet.
For the Shoei RYD, the aerodynamics has been particularly worked on in order to afford minimum air resistance. These aerodynamics have been wind tunnel tested and, therefore, the RYD model is a strong candidate for Naked bike riders and those who cover long distances.